- Two “at-large” members of Vestry;
three-year term (Class of 2019)
- A youth representative to Vestry; one-year term
- A Junior Warden; one-year term.
Nomination forms must be submitted no later than Tuesday, January 26 at 8:00PM. The Epistle will publish the Nomination Packet in the January 28th issue and the nomination packet will be made available on the day of the Annual Parish Meeting.
The Vestry is the “Board of Directors” for the parish corporation. The Vestry is the authoritative body of All Saints’ Episcopal Church and Preschool and is subject only to the Diocesan and National Church Canons. The Vestry works in partnership with the Rector to lead the congregation in the ministries of the church.
The Vestry is responsible for determining the policies and goals of All Saints’ and is to communicate with the congregation about the goals, concerns, and functioning of the Church in the modern world.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL VESTRY MEMBERS
All vestry members should strive to the best of their abilities to:
- Have a love of God and model the Christian life of discipleship by proclaiming the Good News in thought, word, and deed.
- Be active in and knowledgeable about All Saints’, its programs and governance
- Support the Rector in providing vision and leadership for the parish
- Work with clergy, staff, and members of the Parish to form an environment of trust and loyalty.
- Be fair and transparent with people and seek to earn the respect of the members of All Saints’
- Purposefully strive to be a humble servant of the people
- “Be bold, be bold, but not too bold”
- Have enthusiasm and vitality for this ministry
- Raise up new leaders by identifying those with leadership abilities and helping them to find their places in ministry.
- Exercise confidentiality and practice healthy, honest, open communication habits both within our Church ‘Ohana and the community
- Exercise leadership by example and participation both in the temporal affairs (business life) and the spiritual life of All Saints’
- Listen to and prayerfully address the views of parishioners, especially their questions, suggestions, complaints and compliments. Where appropriate, share these views with the Rector, staff and Vestry
- Consciously consider and review all deliberations and actions of the Vestry in the light of All Saints’ Mission Statement
All vestry members should be able to make the following time commitments:
- Vestry meetings, committee work
- Vestry retreat(s)
- Weekly worship services (rotating occasionally to a different service time)
- Parish events: Aloha hours, work days, education programs, outreach, preschool events etc.
- Diocesan meetings, as necessary
- Annual meeting
All vestry members are responsible for:
- Offering talents to support All Saints’ ministry
- Praying daily for the rector, leaders and members of our ‘Ohana
- Pledging support early in the annual financial stewardship campaign
- Provide sound stewardship and oversight of All Saints’ finances and facilities
- Being active ministers of the Gospel in daily life and work
- Bringing one’s whole self to the table; being present – mind, body, and spirit
- Identify and recruit individuals to serve in leadership roles and committees as needed
- Risking openness with one’s ideas, beliefs and desires